Here is this weeks run down of all the biggest Video Gaming news across all platforms:-
- Is there a new open world Star Wars game in the making? If EA’s job listing page is anything to go by, then we should start getting excited. Other than the job listing itself, very little information has been provided so we can only speculate for now.
- In the same vein as Messi vs Ronaldo, the ongoing PUBG vs Fortnite debate continues to rage on with PUBG taking the bragging rights this week with the newly released mobile version taking top spot on both the Google Play and App Store dethroning Fortnite. Check out our review of the new PUBG: Mobile game by clicking here where we also grabbed a chicken dinner on our very first go!!!
- For all Wii and Wii-U users, March 26th will be the last day you can purchase points in the Wii shop. Points that are already in your account can still be used until the shop shuts down completely in January 2019.
- Blizzard’s hugely popular Overwatch has increased its heroes roster to 27 with the addition of Brigitte, the newest support character, in the latest update rolled out to PC and Consoles. Game director Jeff Kaplan had described the new character as someone who was “very needed”.
- Running until April 2nd, Legendary Pokèmon Lugia will be available again for all Pokèmon Go users following Rayquaza. In addition to Lugia, the third community day event, featuring Bulbasaur, will be on Sunday March 25th.
- Atari’s first console in 20 years will be officially called the Atari VCS. Atari’s “retro-inspired gaming and entertainment platform,” previously known as Ataribox, was first teased at last year’s E3. Unveiled this week, they also released two controller prototypes with one a joystick similar to the Atari 2600’s and the second one similar to the Xbox controller with ABXY buttons.
So there is this weeks condensed version of the biggest news in the Video Gaming world, is there anything we have missed or something you’ve been hugely excited to hear? Let us know in the comments.