It’s been a busy week in the Gaming world with new releases and announcements a plenty!! We’ve condensed all the latest news in a quick overview below:-
- The top event from this week has to be today’s release of the hugely anticipated Detroit: Become Human. Released to mainly positive reviews, critics have praised the technical feat with the presentation and graphics looking amazing however some have pointed out that the story-writing hasn’t quite reached that level but does deliver in terms of drama and the varied in-game choices the player has to contend with. Released as a PlayStation 4 exclusive, the game is available now for £49.99.
- Two years after the hit WWI game Battlefield 1, DICE have decided to take on Call of Duty and announce their take on WWII with their new entry Battlefield V, to be released on the 19th October this year for the standard version across all platforms. Whilst the game is not quite at a stage to be played yet, we are expecting this to be showcased at this years E3, a whole host of changes and new features have been made by developers, some of which you can read about here.
- There has been a lot of talk recently about the PlayStation 4 nearing the end of its life-cycle with the PlayStation 5 in development, however, anyone expecting a release anytime soon should think again. John Kodera, Sony’s Head of PlayStation, has said the company will use the next 3 years to further develop the fifth-generation console giving the PlayStation 4 an 8 year cycle, longer than the usual 6-7 years. “We will use the next three years to prepare the next step, to crouch down so that we can jump higher in the future,” said Kodera via the Wall Street Journal. No hardware will be talked about by Sony at this years E3 with the company focusing on 4 big games during the event.
- Pokemon Let’s Go! Pikachu and Eevee?? These are apparently going to be the titles of the next core Pokemon games to be released on the Nintendo Switch according to recent leaks. Some other “features” leaked include the game heading back to the original Kanto region from the first-gen games and only including the original 151 monsters but set maybe years in to the future where Red has grown up and Professor Oak potentially retired.
*fan art depiction of the games.
- After weeks of testing, Xbox players now have access to the Miramar map on PUBG following the update on 24/5 to include other stability and optimisation improvements. It’s the second map now available along with Erangel.
- This years E3 expo is only two weeks away and with a whole host of announcements and demonstrations to be presented an initial schedule has been released so you can keep up-to-date with everything to be shown. This can be found by clicking here and can be followed on various different platforms including Twitch and YouTube.
- With numerous delays including the release date being pushed back from this spring to October 26th, Red Dead Redemption 2 is still due to be released on this date following fears that it was due to be pushed back further after no game-play footage has been shown. Rockstar Games has said we will learn more about the game-play and the special edition to be released in June.
- After a run of nearly two decades and gaining a cult following with a strong community even to this day, Runescape will be shutting down. As one of the pioneers of the online fantasy genres it will finally be coming to a close in August as the servers for Runescape Classic will be shut down for good.
With an action packed week of news and releases and hype starting to build up around E3 next month, what are you most looking forward to hearing about or is there anything you are hoping they announce at the event itself? As always, let us know in the comments below.